Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Thursday, August 2, 2007

Cubs In First!

I haven't posted about the Cubs recently since I didn't want to jinx them. Superstition and baseball seem to go hand in hand. I suppose it has something to do with mojo:-) However, since Sweet Lou Pinella was thrown out of a game back in June, the Cubs have gone on a tear. Of course they also have done it with a bunch of Iowa Cubs. The I-Cubs were in first at the beginning of the season, but have dropped to second place since then. That is also the reason I worry about the Cubs. All of those Iowa Cubs who are now up in the majors are for the most part career minor leaguers at some point these guys are going to stop producing. After all it is August and the Cubs might be due for an August swoon. Hopefully Kerry Wood returning this week will shore up the bullpen, and the Cubbies can hold on to first. Otherwise it might be a long August.

No comments: