Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Monday, July 13, 2009

Sarah Vaughan

Here is a great clip of Sarah Vaughan from the 1950s. I know I should know the song because it is a standard, but I have no clue:-9 This clip comes from a movie called Rhythm and Blues Revue. I actually bought it on DVD, but according to youtube it is available for free from the internet archive. It doesn't surprise me that it is in the public domain. Many video companies look for great films like this one, to fall through the cracks, then they copy it and sell it. (Duh, that's why I have it now!) I guess I just like having a DVD in my hand to put in my machine without having to download and burn it myself. I guess I don't know who the winners or losers are on this deal. However, I do know that currently there is a box set of Jazz Movies out there that has this movie and 20 others. It is an awesome collection because they are all movies by African American performers, and they all rock.

No comments: