Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Iowa Jazz Championships. What about the Blues??

I see the high school Jazz competition is heating up in Des monies.
I was wondering what it would take to start something like that for the blues. I am sure we could do a small scale version of it with the blues societies. But what I am thinking of doing is putting together something with the schools just as the Jazz societies have set up. I think a school blues competition could help keep the blues alive, and build up future players and fans of the music. I also think it would create an opportunity for band and vocal students to work together.

No comments: