Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Legendary Record Store To Close Soon

From the San Fransisco Chronicle, comes news that the legendary Village Music in Mill Valley California is closing. (Click Here) This unfortunately is becoming more and more typical as fewer and fewer people are buying vinyl. I still have my turntable, but I have been looking into buying a USB port turntable to change my record collection over to digital. However, I have 1,500 lps, and 45s, so I don't think I am going to have the time to do it:-) I do know that ZZZ Records in Des Moines is still going, and business must have improved since I rarely see Nate there anymore! He used to practically live there, but now he can afford help!

There is a lot of great music that is not on CD, that you can get on vinyl. If you have a turntable, then support your local record store, because if you don't record stores will disappear!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's a great article and a great tale. I wish I had heard of the place earlier when I could have visited. I was in San Francisco a few months ago. I just bought myself a new turntable. I gave my old one to Goodwill with all my vinyl a few years ago. I just realized that I can't get that stuff on CD.