Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Pinetop Perkins: Teeny Weeny Bit

Jan clued me in on this great video of 90+ year old blues piano man Pinetop Perkins. Jan says he lives in Dallas and this was filmed at Austin SXSW. It is a great video of one of the last Chicago boogie woogie piano players. Jan also said he sells his CDs at blues shows down in Dallas so if you are in the area and see him buy one! Also talk to him, he is a pretty cool cat. I met him up here in Des Moines back in 1993. I was lucky to open for him. I think that he is like a fine wine and has improved with age.





No comments: