Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Friday, August 21, 2009

Heart Of America Living History Blues Fest. Urbandale Iowa


The Central Iowa Blues Society, and Living History Farms present a huge blues festival September 5-6th in Urbandale Iowa. Urbandale is a western suburb of Des Moines. The Living History Farms is right off of the Hickman Avenue exit on I35/80. I have been to some large shows at the Living History Farm. They had a Chautauqua there in the 80s, with multiple stages, very cool show, and I met Pete Seeger there. Also Pope John Paul II said mass to 300,000 people back in the early 80s. So they can handle large crowds! This promises to be a great show so be sure to get your face in the place.

Sooooooooo, I wonder if they got a waver to allow dancing in Urbandale:-) Click HERE to read about Iowa's own Footloose.

No comments: