July 5, 2009
- Blue Witch Records to Release Sophomore CD by Dave Riley & Bob Corritore in Early September! Dave Riley and Bob Corritore's second CD titled Lucky To Be Living will be released September 8, 2009 on Blue Witch Records. This CD follows the highly celebrated 2007 first release by Dave and Bob called Travelin' The Dirt Road. TDR received Blues Music Award and Blues Blast Music Award nominations, and was #1 in January of 2008 on Europe's Powerblues Charts. This Mississippi-meets-Chicago down-home blues pairing has been winning fans all around the world for the last 5 years. To see the cover art for this forthcoming release, click here. Publicity will be handled by Betsie Brown of Blind Raccoon Publicity (click here for contact information for Betsie and Blind Raccoon).
- Big Pete Pearson/Finger In Your Eye Making the Rounds! The great VizzTone Label Group has begun its promotion for Big Pete Pearson/Finger In Your Eye, which includes a great ad in the latest issue of Blues Revue Magazine. Also, numerous blues radio shows around the world are including this CD in their playlists, and the reviews are just beginning to come in (click here to see the first five). A track from the CD will be featured in the forthcoming Blues Revue CD sampler. Thanks, VizzTone, for your great support of "Arizona's King Of The Blues" and his great new CD! Look for Big Pete Pearson to be performing selections from his new CD at the The Cisco Ottawa Blues Festival later this month.
- Review Posted of Blues On The North Shore Event: Check out this recap of last June's Blues On The North Shore show, which celebrated the 30th anniversary of Michael Frank's Earwig Music label. A fantastic lineup of Earwig artists was on board for the event, including Honeyboy Edwards, Big Jack Johnson, John Primer, Chris James and Patrick Rynn, and Johnny Drummer. To see the review by Patricia Simms for Splash Magazine, click here.
- 2008 Cognac Blues Passions Festival Photo Page Added: As this year's Cognac Blues Passions Festival approaches, we fondly remember a wonderful time had by all in 2008. Please enjoy this photo recap of the 2008 festival just posted on www.bobcorritore.com by clicking here. This year's Cognac Blues Passions Festival happens July 21-26, 2009, and the lineup includes B.B. King, James Hunter, Lou Pride, Susan Tedeschi, Cedric Burnside & Lightnin’ Malcolm, Fillmore Slim, Alex Schultz, Soul Of John Black, Theodis Ealey, Jackie Payne/Steve Edmondson Band, Tad Robinson, Darrell Nulisch, and much more. For a full entertainment program and more information about the 2009 Cognac Blues Passions Festival, click here.
- Pinetop Perkins' 96th Birthday This Tuesday! Big Party Planned at Antone’s! Blues piano patriarch Pinetop Perkins is turning 96 years old on Tuesday. Born July 7, 1913, Pinetop has done it all: recorded his first record for Sun, played in the bands of Robert Nighthawk, Earl Hooker, and Muddy Waters, and recorded as a frontman or sideman on countless recording sessions. Pinetop was a major influence on a young Ike Turner; and Ike, in turn, became a major influence to blues and rock 'n roll. Pinetop Perkins is a multiple Grammy® recipient, and had won so many Handy/BMA awards for "Best Blues Piano" that they now name that category the Pinetop Perkins Piano Player award! Pinetop will be celebrating his birthday at Antone's Nightclub in his current home of Austin, Texas. Pinetop will make an appearance with Derek O'Brien and the Antone's Blues Band. Also advertised on the bill are Marcia Ball, Ronnie James, Jay Moeller, and Gary Clark, Jr. Word has it that Rich DelGrosso, J.C. Smith, producer Michael Freeman, and manager Patricia Morgan will be flying in to celebrate. For more information on Antone's Nightclub and this event, click here.
- Blues Blast Magazine Chicago Blues Photo Gallery: The latest issue of Blues Blast Magazine, an online publication, has a beautiful photo report of last month's Chicago Blues Festival. The gallery includes nice photos of Chris James, Patrick Rynn, Bob Corritore, Lurrie Bell, Lil' Ed, Little Dave Thompson, Killer Ray Allison, Travis "Moonchild" Haddix, Nolan Struck, John Primer, Eden Brent, Mathew Skoller, Trudy Lynn, Bettye LaVette, and others. To see the latest issue, click here and scroll down to the article. Also, please remember Chris James and Patrick Rynn as you vote for the Blues Blast Music Awards (voting is open through August 31, 2009). Chris and Patrick are nominated in the categories of “Best Song” and “Best Debut Artist”. Thanks to Bob Kieser of Illinois Blues for supporting the blues!