Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Louie Armstrong And Frank Sinatra: Birth Of The Blues

In the post after this I just waxed poetically about Frank being the first King of Pop, I changed my mind after watching this, DUH! It is Satchmo! Louie was HUGE! He could play the blues, jazz, swing, and pop. He could sing and play trumpet. He and King Oliver put Chicago on the musical map well before Muddy, (and the blues was in Chicago well before Muddy too) . I know I will probably change my mind again, but hey it is fun to watch these videos.

No comments: