Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Bob Dorr And The Blue Band Update


OK, I know little or nothin' about the race car culture, but I think I'm gonna get edumacated TONIGHT (Fri) when we play the first night of the Iowa Speedway's Pit Stop Weekend in Newton. Friends say that there could be 30,000 people from all over the country on the grounds. We play outside the speedway, on a flatbed truck (you KNOW it's the BIG time when yer on a flatbed truck) doing three 50-minute shows between 8:30-11:30p. It's FREE to the public, all ages welcome. Please help vibe for NO RAIN (not good for race cars or electrified instruments) PARTY IN THE PARKING LOT!!...

Saturday night, I'm doing another LIVE Requestfest on Backtracks, my Rock'n'Roll history show on Iowa Public Radio. This is in celebration of a successful fundraiser last Saturday night, when close to $3000 in pledges came in. Thanks for the help! The show runs 7-10pm, requests, suggestions for future show spotlights, or simple salutations taken at 1-800-772-2440, ext. 5. (as always, I'll be the only one there and I answer all the calls personally, so if you get through, let it ring, I'll answer as soon as possible.) (remember, the shows deals in songs that are at least 25 years old) Or, to increase the chances that I can find your request, just reply to this email. Find the frequency in your area, or listen on line at www.iowapublicradio.org. If you missed the fundraiser and still want to help out the show, you can make a pledge at that website. Be sure and mention Backtracks in the remarks section! Call me babies...

Next week starts a busy stretch of averaging 3.5 dates a week for almost 6 weeks (that's a lot for us old guys) Fri. 6/26, 4:30-7:00pm, we play Rendezvous On The River, an effort to raise money and raise consciousness for the effort to refurbish the old Riverview Amusement Park grounds in Des Moines, Sat. 6/27 is being billed as a "Parnell Reunion". Parnell is a small town south of Williamsburg that was the scene of some pretty notorious parties in the 80s (or so I'm told. I have no actual recollection of any details) It's a street dance, 7-11pm and Sunday 6/28 is one of the gigs I look forward to every year-Sturgis Falls Days, my hometown celebration right here in Sparkle City USA! We play in Tourist Park, 5:30-7:30pm...

All of the shirts in this year's 2009 Tour shirt order are finally on the scene. Steve Campbell's design (you can see it on the homepage at www.theblueband.com) on a white, black, or royal shirt. We also have women's tanks in pink and light blue. All shirts are $15 each or two for $20, or you can get a shirt and our new disc for $20. How do we do it? VOLUME!!!....

I'll be racin' down the Blue Highway to Newton, wearin' my crash helmet while rubbin' my washboard. We're still waiting for someone to bring CAKE for our Blue Birthday that happened on June 10th (it's not really an "official" birthday until you have CAKE) and no matter if you take the checkered flag or not, we will always love you. Bob Dorr & The Blue Band

No comments: