Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Monday, June 22, 2009

Andy Coats Update


Hey everyone,

Hope June is treating you well.

I’ll be doing an “almost acoustic” show this Thursday, at the Blue Bayou …. with SPECIAL GUESTS.

-- Melvin Alston, my buddy from Durham, will be holding down a rumbling bass ….

-- And, shhhhh, the other guest is the eminent 80-year old Piedmont bluesman, also from Durham; who has the real-deal voice and plays a mean guitar; whose last name rhymes with “Coleman”. ( If you’ve been paying attention the last few months, this will be very easy to guess! ….. J )

Why the secrecy, you might ask? Well, I always seem to get myself in trouble when I broadcast that I have a gig with this fine gentleman, so this time we’ll keep the announcement under our hats!

Here are the details:

Thursday, June 25, 8:30 - 11:30 pm
Andy Coats and Special Guests
Blue Bayou

106 S. Churton St. Hillsborough, NC 27278
919-732-2555
www.bluebayouclub.com

---------------------------------------------------------------

I’ll also be participating in a fine event this coming Sunday, which I believe is already sold out (inside). If you would like to get tickets for the outside seating, let me know and I’ll see what I can do.

Sunday, June 28, 4 - 8 pm
Andy Coats and Special Guests, plus bands all evening (full line-up below)
Benefit for the Food Bank of Eastern NC

5410 Nc Highway 55 Durham, NC 27713
(919) 361-2222
www.papamojosroadhouse.com

As always, thanks for your support!

Andy

www.andycoats.com
www.myspace.com/andycoats
www.myspace.com/andycoatsandthebankwalkers

4:30pm-5:00pm Andy Coats with 3 generations of the blues

5:00pm-5:30pm E-Train and Mississippi Mike

5:30pm-6:15pm Hell Camino

6:25pm-7:10pm Joe Bell & the Stinging Blades

7:20pm-8:05pm Will McFarlane Band

8:15pm-9:00pm Mel Melton & the Wicked Mojo

No comments: