Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Artist Of The Week: Bobby Darin

Artist of the week is the great performer Bobby Darin. Yup, I know he is not a bluesman, but sometimes I feel like putting someone up here who really inspires me. Bobby played all types of music from Rock and Roll, Swing, Blues, Spirituals, and Soul music. I can remember as a kid watching his TV show and enjoying all of the different music that he and his guests performed. I do believe the reason I played blues is because my parents listened to music from the 40s and 50s, and all different styles of popular music. In fact, it wasn't until I was around 10 or so that I bought my first rock album, (one of those K-TEL top hits LPS) so for my formative years I was listening to some really great music. Bobby Darin was certainly one of those artists. From Mack Then Knife, to Beyond The Sea, I truly enjoyed his songs. To hear some of his great music check out the Video bar powered by Youtube on the right side of the blog.

No comments: