By Bob Corritore
March 30, 2008
- Robert Lockwood, Jr. Featured Tonight on Bob's Radio Show: This past Thursday would have been Robert Lockwood, Jr.’s 93rd birthday. Though he left us in November of 2006, his music and legend will live forever. A pioneer of electric guitar and the inventor of many of the great guitar lines of classic Chicago blues, Robert never quit growing; and late in life switched his preferred instrument from 6 string to 12 string guitar. His music is remembered this evening with feature sets each hour of Bob's show. (show details) Here are some YouTube clips of Robert: Robert singing Leroy Carr's "In The Evening" (click here), Robert and Johnny Shines live (click here), Pre-Grammy® TV short (click here), and Robert performing "Stormy Monday" (click here). Listeners may hear Bob Corritore’s KBA-Award-winning radio show, Those Lowdown Blues, anywhere in the world (real time Sunday nights from 6pm-11pm Phoenix time) via web streaming by clicking here, or on KJZZ in Phoenix at 91.5 FM in Phoenix, Arizona, 89.5 in Cottonwood, 98.9 in Tucson, and 99.1 in Kingman.
- Dave Riley & Bob Corritore Duet to appear Wednesday at the Rhythm Room: On Wednesday, April 2, 2008, Bob Corritore will appear with Dave Riley at the Rhythm Room in Phoenix, AZ. Doors open at 7:30pm, cover charge is $5. Rack Shack Barbeque will be available at this event. This night will be a patio smoking only event; no indoor smoking will be permitted.
- Photos from Spring Harp Fest and Tomcat Courtney San Diego Gig: Check out some of these recently posted photos from Bob's recent gigs in San Diego with Tomcat Courtney at Patrick's II by Bengt Nyman (click here), and the Spring Harp Fest photos by Joan Hart (click here).
- Bob Corritore Interview to Air Next Sunday in India! Ravi Khanolkar will be airing a Bob Corritore interview on World Space Satellite's Radio's Spin Station; which, according to Ravi's description, has the majority of its listeners in India. Ravi has been a big advocate of Bob's recordings on his radio show. Ravi describes his radio program as "the only exclusive blues show in the country (India). I do not play any specific genre or era of the blues, but give my listeners an entire spectrum of the same, along with a little bit of history about the origins of the song, era, influences and the like". Ravi's show is aired from 10 pm to midnight (India time) on World Space Satellite Radio. Thanks, Ravi.
- Big Pete Pearson/I'm Here Baby CD is # 6 on Spain's Blues Radio Charts! Thanks to Vicente "Harmonica" Zumel for sending a copy of Spain's SBB Blues Magazine (Societat de Blues Barcelona)(Hivern 2008 issue), in which the "Top Blues En La FM Estatal" chart lists Big Pete Pearson/I'm Here Baby on Blue Witch Records as # 6! This chart lists 16 blues radio shows from various parts of Spain as their source. ¡Gracias, Spain!