Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Photo Of The Week: Jimmy "Midnite Cowboy" Pryor



Almost one year ago my hero Jimmy Pryor died. He was 90 years old, and lived a great life, but it still saddens me to have lost such a good friend. Jimmy was like a grandfather to me. He taught me about life, how to be a better person, and how to put on a show. Also, he led by example. He was good to his fans, and always had kind words for them. It also didn't matter if he didn't know them, he still treated them like his number one fan. The photo above was taken at what probably was his last live performance.










Jimmy was being honored for an article that I wrote about him in Living Blues. (To buy the magazine click HERE) The band performing that night was the Blues Instigators from Iowa City. They were very cool, and let Jimmy sing his famous Jimmy Shuffle. It was a good end to a great career. My only wish is that I had put a band together with Jimmy a few years earlier when I first met him, instead of six years later. However, from 1999-2006 we had a heck of a great time.


No comments: