Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Cool Drum Battle

Gene Krupa and Buddy Rich are perhaps two of the best drummers around. I suppose in one sense it isn't a fair competition since Gene was probably past his prime when the two of them met in the mid 60s, but it is still a pretty cool exhibition of drumming ability. Also if you look close in the back ground you will see Sammy Davis JR. Ah-yes the good old days:-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

bluesman: I love Gene Krupa and Benny Goodman. Sing, Sing, Sing from the 1969 Live At Carnegie Hall album is one of my favorite songs of all time. You feel the beat more than you hear it. Did you see the Drum Boogie video? Also, I am glad you liked the Guy Forsyth. Here is Drum Boogie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRjQzSwmEHw

Here is Mona by Guy Forsyth from that same Shady Grove set. He plays a smoking harmonica.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AEo9OLEPAA8