Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Monday, July 2, 2007

Andy Coats wins Triangle Blues Soceity Blues Challenge.


Congrats to my old friend Andy Coats who won the Blues Challege put on by the Triangle Blues Society. Andy sent me a letter, that went out to his fans.

Check it out!


Hey folks,

Great news here: last night at the Blue Bayou Club, I won the Triangle Blues Society (TBS) Challenge in the solo/duo category!

The competition was tough, with many outstanding musicians in both the solo/duo and band categories, but I’m thrilled to have come away with 1st prize.

This will give me the pleasure and honor of representing the TBS at the International Blues Challenge, to be held in January, 2008, in Memphis, TN.

It will be my first trip to the big event, and it seems only fitting that I do so by representing the TBS – which, after all, is based in the area where I was born and raised.

Many special thanks to all the volunteers at TBS, the great folks at the Blue Bayou, the other participants in the challenge, and to all of you who have supported my endeavors over the years!

I’m honored and humbled to have this opportunity.

All the best,

Andy

www.andycoats.com

Triangle Blues Society –

www.triangleblues.com

Blue Bayou Club –

http://www.bluebayouclub.com/

No comments: