Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Bob Dorr Update

Latest email from Bob Dorr and The Blue Band

There's NO Blue Band gig this weekend, so this won't take long...

First, my sincere thanks to Blue Band members past and present for making New Years Eve one of the most memorable in our 26+ year history. To be able to reconnect with so many players from so many eras, as well as have so many Blue People from those eras come and celebrate with us really made it special. OK, it got kinda loud. I shoulda known. What did I expect with three guitar players, three horn players and two full sets of drums ALL AT THE SAME TIME?!! I'm hoping we get the chance to try the reunion concept again next year. Thanks for being there!...

Our next gig is one week from tonight, Friday Jan. 11 at The Reverb (2nd & Main) in Cedar Falls (THE Sparkle City) it's one of those TGI Fridays, 5:30-9:00pm and will be my 29th annual 28th Birthday Celebration so BRING CAKE!!...

Tomorrow night (Sat. Jan. 5) will be my annual Elvis Presley Special on Iowa Public Radio-KUNI. This happens every year on the Saturday closest to The King's birth. Elvis will be 72 years old on Jan. 8. (yes, he's still alive, hunting down Nazi war criminals in Paraguay, just like the song says) YIKES! Get your frequency or listen on line at www.kuniradio.org The following week, Jan. 12 is the annual, It's My Party And I'll Play What I Want To birthday show. I hope you can join me for both of these specialty programs! (now, if I could just find us a gig for Jan. 12, my ACTUAL bday, life would be GREAT!)...

Jeff and I are visiting Tom Gary's Blues class at Buena Vista University in Storm Lake on Monday Jan. 14. Mr. Gary will be joining us on piano for the performance part of the program, which is free and open to the public, 7pm in Anderson Auditorium which is the small theater located underground next to the library...

In case you visited the Tour calendar recently, you noticed that the Jan. 19 date scheduled for O'Kelly's in Baxter has dissappeared (something to do with the owner and a dispute with his soon to be ex-wife!) However, this date has now been replaced with a very cool, newly opened place, 5 miles south of Dubuque on Hwy. 52. It's Lombardi's Ballroom (anything named Lombardi's, to a Packer fan like me, MUST be good!) More details will be posted shortly on that Tour page. And while you're there, please notice we've been invited to Famous Dave's in Minneapolis, Friday Feb. 8, the night before The Hawks and Goophers play basketball. Drive on up to the Cities and let's make the place Hawkeye Headquarters!...

Well, I've got to get back to doin' a whole lotta nothin'! NFL playoffs happen the next 3 weekends. I'm in heaven (no, IOWA) I won't be seein' ya on the Blue Highway this week, but USE YER DAMN TURN SIGNALS anyway. Keep practicing your washboard tie licks (wasn't that fun to have all those tie players strokin it (!) on the NYE dancefloor?!) Elvis and I will be celebrating birthdays this next week, so BRING CAKE (thankyou, thankyouverymuch) and remember we love you...Bob Dorr & The Blue Band

No comments: