Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Friday, October 12, 2007

Sonny Terry And Brownie McGhee: Key To The Highway

Probably the first blue record I ever had in my hands was a 45 of Browne McGhee and Sonny Terry. I didn't realize what I had because I was just a little kid, but I remember liking the music. Here Browne, and Sonny are playing a Big Bill Broonzy song, with the great folk singer, Pete Seeger playing along. BTW, I did get to meet Pete Seeger almost 20 years ago at a folk festival held out at living history farms in Des Moines. I was working security, and Pete came up and talked to me for about five minutes. He was one of the nicest persons I have ever met. I only wish I could have seen the concert, but from my position I could just hear bits and pieces of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never commented on this previously but this is one of my fav videos.