Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Count Basie and Big Joe Williams: Well Alright, Okay, You Win

Big Joe Williams, not the delta bluesman, but the KC jump blues shouter. I wish there were more video of him around. I know that he played on the Johnny Carson show almost monthly in the late 70s, but I haven't found many videos of him. He had a great mellow voice, and could really swing. He is more associated with jazz, but anyone who played with the Count as much as he did could be considered a bluesman.


No comments: