Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Saturday, April 21, 2007

ACK! Tommy Johnson Tribute album, dressed as Robert Johnson


Over to the far left is Tommy Johnson. next is the Chris Thomas King CD cover, and below is the famous Robert Johnson photograph




















Is it any wonder people are confused! Chris Thomas King's photo looks remarkably like Robert. Now at least it has Tommy Johnson listed as the tribute, but anyone looking at it without thinking will think it is Robert. It is probably just a marketing ploy to get people who like Robert to pick up the CD. I haven't seen the CD myself so I cant comment on it, but I am sure it is good. However, this only contributes to the confusion over the two great delta artists.







No comments: