Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Stevie Ray Vaughn In Des Moines Take Two!!!

This is a different video of Stevie Ray Vaughn in Des Moines. This on is definitely his show at Easy Street. Easy Street was a huge bar with a great stage. It was an old department store at one time, and then after Easy Street closed it became an Earl May, which for those not from the Midwest is basically a lawn and garden store:-)

This is a raw video, but it is a gem. Stevie is rocking! I only wish I had went to that show! I don't know what I was doing back then, but I was going to Easy Street at that time. I guess I didn't know who Stevie was in 1987:-)

Update
Okay, I looked at the date, and I know 1. It wasn't Easy Street because Easy Street was closed by 87. 2. I knew who Stevie was in 87, because we were covering a ton of his tunes in 87. 3. I was in KC at the time teaching school, so I wouldn't have known he was in Des Moines:-) I assume that show must have been the Val Air Ballroom, because it does look like a big room, although it could have been Vets. I don't know if Stevie played at Vets. Hopefully T-Bone will stumble on this post and enlighten us:-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes it was Val Aire Ballroom. I was there and it was amazing!

Anonymous said...

I forgot to post that publicly. Susie Simpson Exira Iowa