Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

TJ Hooker: Get Your Money Right

This is a great video from T J Hooker. This was shot on the corner of the legendary 18th and Vine in Kansas City Missouri. It is great to see Kansas City blues back on the map! I worked a block away from there at the old Attucks Elementary school back in 1989-90. I used to take the kids out to the playground and we would draw what was left of the old business district. I must say that the place looks a lot better today than it did when I was down there.

I also have to say that CDS records is really doing a great job releasing a ton of great artists young and old. These guys are working overtime to save the blues! Do yourself a favor and buy three or four of their great cds! Click HERE to check out the online store.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

T J Hooker Taylor
I had a chace to see him live at the blues fest. in K C M O
with denise lasall& Jay Blackfoot
his show was great he sounds just like his daddy. He put on a hell of a show.

Anonymous said...

T J i got a chance to check you out in Dallas Love your show you sound just like your dad
better than your brother. you sing the whole songs