Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Tom Gary Blues Band: Holly Golightly Blues

Well, I wasn't sure about posting this since it is very plain, but it took several hours to make so I figure better to post than to have spent half a night working on nothing! Here is my video tribute to Holly Golightly. If you are over 50 you probably saw the movie Breakfast At Tiffany's, starring Audrey Hepburn, and George Peppard. Those of you below 40 probably have no clue what the song is about, but hey thats okay! Its got a catchy beat and you can dance to it!!:-)

I combined the story from the original Novella, by Truman Capote, and parts of the movie, and a little bit of a friend of mine. If you thinking where is the blues, well, it is there. Originally, I was trying to write sort of a Peidmont style song, but when I added the bridge, (which had a memphis soul sound to it) then it became a pop song.

I guess the running joke at our live shows is that all my songs are about my failed romances, and I have had plenty. So at least here is a song that about a failed romance that has nothing to do with me! Enjoy, and buy my CD:-)

No comments: