Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Albert King And Stevie Ray Vaungh: Texas Flood

I don't know if I posted this one before or if it is one of the 100 or so that I deleted, but it is good enough to post again:-) This is an awesome video that shows just how great Stevie and Albert were together. I think the way Stevie let the master play guitar and didn't try to show him up was what made Stevie Ray so good. I saw another blues guitarist play with Albert once, and he smoked Albert, and to be honest it made me mad. You need to respect your elders not cut their heads. I have never understood that attitude among musicians, and to be honest real bluesmen don't cut heads. That is what rock guitarist do:-)

1 comment:

tishlp said...

Oh my gosh, I just bought this CD last week! Now I've got to have the DVD. Thanks for the preview bluesman. :)