Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Joe Bonamassa Blues In Schools


Joe Bonamassa who was a child prodigy in the blues, continues to help out kids with his blues in schools program. I have posted about Joe and his program HERE and HERE

Click here for another great article about Joe and his blues in schools program. This time reported by the Green Bay Press Gazette.
I think one of the best ways to keep the blues alive is having great blues artists like Joe going into the school so the kids can hear the music. I have found that administrators, teachers, and students love the blues. I think there has always been the misconception that the music is sad, but when people hear all the variety of blues it changes their mind about the music, and they realize that the blues really can chase the blues away.

No comments: