Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Artist Of The Week: Back Door Slam


Artist of the week is Back Door Slam. Hot guitar playing from Britain. In fact, I have a copy of the new CD in my hands! I hope to have a review sometime in the next two weeks. (I still owe you a Soul Searcher review!!) Davey Knowles is a heck of a blue player. Very much in the blues rock mode of Stevie Ray. It is great to hear someone who has such respect for the music. The nice thing about blues is that this kid will improve as he ages. Just listen to Clapton today versus Clapton from the 60s, and you will see what I mean.

To enjoy the music just click on the video box located on the left side of the blog.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

These guys sound great! I'm going to see if I can find their latest CD. I'll let y'all know what I think when I hear it.

Unknown said...

Davey truly is awesome. I think the YouTube vids of his live performances mostly outshine the CD, but it's all a treat. He seems to have a refreshing attitude, too -- respectful of past masters while dedicated to staking out his own distinctive turf in the blues-rock genre.