Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Lynard Skynard: They Call Me The Breeze

Believe it or not, this is why I play the blues. I listen to it now, and I can hear all the blues and boogie licks, but when I was in high school all I could here was rock and roll:-) Billy Powell is the piano player, and I worked and worked on that freaking piano solo for most of my high school years:-) It certainly made my right hand, but I had no clue what to do with the left, and apparently Billy didn't know either if you watch the video:-) Of course, when I got into college I stumbled on to one of those counterfeit history of rock and roll cassettes printed in Spain, and I heard some familiar piano licks. I thought WTF? I took out the cassette and looked to see who it was an it was Otis Spann!

Enjoy my boyhood idols Lynard Skynard playing They Call Me The Breeze.

No comments: