Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Fats Domino

So I am reading a post lamenting how blues historians ignore R&B artists! WTF??? So I am looking through my archive of blues, and there are tons of Blues, R&B, and Soul music on the site. So I suppose the big question is what is blues??? My personal feeling is that R&B, Soul, Swing, Jazz and some Rock and Roll, are part of the blues, because they directly descend from the blues. I do know blues purists out there who start in the delta then work their way up to Memphis, and end up in Chicago, and pretty much skip the rest. However, the music started in the deep south, and then went with African Americans as they migrated North and West. Each area and city developed its own sound, and we end up blessed with the greatest folk/popular music of our time.


Anyway, enough talk! More music! Here is Fats Domino singing Blue Monday from the movie The Girl Can't Help It.

No comments: