July 5, 2011
- Dave Riley & Bob Corritore off to Brazil! The downhome blues team of Dave Riley & Bob Corritore will bring their "Mississippi meets Chicago blues" sound to the country of Brazil this and next week. They will be backed for these dates by the band of promoters Adrian Flores and Luciano "Big Mouth" Boca. This will be a return engagement as they first played Brazil in November of 2010. Here is a list of dates for this trip:
7/07/11: Sao Paulo, Brazil - Sesc Riberao Preto
7/09/11: Pocos de Caldas, Brazil - The 4th Annual Pocos de Caldas Jazz & Blues Festival
7/15/11: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - Patio Havanna
7/16/11: Rio Grande do Norte, Brazil - Bossa & Jazz
7/17/11: Rio Grande do Norte, Brazil - Bossa & Jazz
To see a photo page of Dave & Bob's last Brazillian experience click on http://www.bobcorritore.com/photos152.html.
- Bob Corritore receives Living Blues Award nomination in the harmonica category! Bob Corritore is honored to be included among the nominees of the 2011 Living Blues Awards. Bob is in the "Most Outstanding Musician (Harmonica)" category. The other nominees in this category are Billy Boy Arnold, Sugar Blue, James Cotton, and Charlie Musselwhite. Voting is going on as we speak and is open to everyone! All ballots must be in by July 15th! To see the complete list of nominees and to vote please click on the magazine website at www.livingblues.com
- Bob Corritore & Friends / Harmonica Blues nominated for Blues Blast Music Award! More good news as the album Bob Corritore & Friends / Harmonica Blues has been nominated for a Blues Blast Music Award in the category of "Traditional Blues CD." Other CDs nominated in this same category are Charlie Musselwhite / The Well, Studebaker John's Maxwell Street Kings / That's The Way You Do, Rich DelGrosso & John Del Toro Richardson / Time Slips By, Pinetop Perkins & Willie "Big Eyes" Smith / Joined At The Hip, Magic Slim / Raising The Bar. The voting for the 2011 Blues Blast Music Awards has begun and will continue until August 31st. Voting is open to anyone who is a Blues Blast Magazine subscriber. Subscriptions are free, and you can sign up as part of the voting process. To see a complete list of all nominees, and to vote please click http://www.thebluesblast.com/, and then click the voting link. The awards ceremony, put on by Blues Blast Magazine, will take place on Thursday, October 27th, at Buddy Guy's Legends, 700 S. Wabash Ave., Chicago, IL 60605.
- Dave Riley featured cover story on Blues Blast Magazine! Speaking of Blues Blast Magazine, their June 23rd issue featured an in depth interview with Dave Riley! Kudos to interviewer Terry Mullins, who really understood his subject and coaxed a very relective profile of the man and his music. To see this interview, click http://www.illinoisblues.com/Archive/BluesBlasts/2011/BluesBlast6_23_11.htm.
- Simi Valley Cajun and Blues Music Festival photo page posted! Special thanks to Steve and Libby Stoddard for posting a wonderful set of blues photos from The Simi Valley Cajun & Blues Music Festival. Steve Stoddard hosts the fantastic blues radio program "Somethin' Blue" on KTUH 90.3 FM Honolulu, and made the special trip to California to attend this great festival. The festival blues stage is masterfully booked by Delta Groove label chief Randy Chortkoff who understands the fine points of a two day blues presentation. Included are photos of Arthur Adams, The Mannish Boys, Los Fabulocos, Big Pete, Kirk Fletcher, Anna Popovic, Mikey Jr., Tracy Nelson, Elvin Bishop, John Nemeth, The 44s, Kenny Neal, The King Brothers, Terry Hanck, Shawn Pittman, Maria Muldaur, Cadillac Zack's Blues Revue, Mitch Kashmar, and more! To see this photo page click http://www.angelfire.com/hi2/sblack/SimiValleyCajunBlues2011.html