Blues newsletter from Bob Corritore
March 11, 2009
- Rhythm Room All-Stars Appear This Weekend at the Rhythm Room: The Rhythm Room All-Stars' highly-credentialed lineup consists of Big Pete Pearson, Bob Corritore, Chris James, Patrick Rynn, and Brian Fahey. This group has played festivals across the US and Europe, as well as having a deep discography of high profile recordings. They appear this Friday and Saturday, March 13-14, 2009 at their home base of the Rhythm Room. The Rhythm Room is located at 1019 E. Indian School Rd. in Phoenix. Doors open at 8pm, cover charge is $7. This night will be a patio smoking only event; no indoor smoking will be permitted. Rack Shack Barbeque will be available at this event.
- Bobbie Mercy Oliver Posts Bob Corritore Article! Special thanks to bluesman blogger Bobbie "Mercy" Oliver for his recent post on Bob Corritore in his Blues News newsletter. Bobbie is a fine down-home blues singer/harmonica player/guitarist based out of Marshall, Texas (Bobbie plays a mean version of "Juke" on harmonica!). To see this article and to sign up for his newsletter, click here.
- March 10 Release For Louisiana Red's New CD! The legendary Louisiana Red's new Ruf Records release is now out! This spectacular CD is called Back To The Black Bayou, and features top notch backing by Little Victor's Juke Joint (Victor was also the producer), plus special guests Kim Wilson, Bob Corritore, and David Maxwell. To see the Ruf Records website listing with an in-depth press release, click here. Mark Pucci will be the publicist for this release, and already we are seeing great interest in this deserving and often underappreciated blues giant. Please check out this recently posted Louisiana Red bio on the Blues News site (click here to see). For a great collection of photos of Louisiana Red, click here and here.
- Bob Riedy Chicago Blues Reunion Show/DVD Filming April 17 at the Rhythm Room - Eddy "The Chief” Clearwater Featured W/ Original Lineup: Blues pianist Bob Riedy was a pioneer bandleader in the early 1970s in Chicago, and was a major force in bringing blues artists to the North Side. He will be reuniting members of his 1970s outfit including Eddy Clearwater, Rick Knapp, Jon Hiller, Mark Wydra, and of course, Bob Riedy. Also joining in the lineup at points will be Chris James, Patrick Rynn, and Bob Corritore. This show will be filmed and combined with some vintage 1970s footage of the Bob Riedy Blues Band that includes the now deceased Johnny Littlejohn, Richard "Hubcap" Robinson, and mandolin blues giant Johnny Young. The new footage, along with the 1970s clips, will provide a retrospective of an important piece of Chicago Blues history. The show happens at the Rhythm Room in Phoenix on Friday, April 17, 2009 (one night only), with an 8pm door and a 9pm show. Cover charge will be $15. Come be a part of this historical music filming. To see some of the photo collection of Bob Riedy reflecting many of the artists he worked with in the 1970s, click here.
- Eddy Clearwater on YouTube! Please enjoy this sweet groovin' 1978 clip of Eddy Clearwater from the North Sea Jazz Festival with a band that includes Jimmy Johnson, Dave Myers, and Odie Payne, Jr. To watch, click here.