Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Otis Spann: Aint Nobody's Business If I Do

If there was one keyboard player that I stole more licks from, and wished that he had lived long enough that I could have met him, was Otis Spann. To my ear Otis spann was the best blues piano player to have ever lived. His right had was amazingly fast, and his left hand seemed to have a mind of its own. Add all that up and he could sing. He could have been a star in his own right, but he was loyal to Muddy Waters, and was his back up man. Yet, Muddy was great because he encouraged and allowed his sidemen to take over the show and in turn they all became legends not only in Chicago, but around the world.


No comments: