Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

John Edwards Bows Out

It is a sad day for me that John Edwards has dropped out of the Democratic race for President. I think what really disappoints me is that through the whole process the candidates who had the most experience and probably could really bring change have left the campaign leaving Hillary Clinton who is really just the same old crap that has been going on since 1980, and Barrack Obama who I like, but I fear is going to fall short due to his lack of experience. Granted Edwards didn't have much political experience, but he did make a living fighting corporations. That is why he is gone. They painted a picture of him in the corporate press as a lightweight, a rich man pretending to be a poor man, or the guy with the 400 dollar hair cut. The reality is that he came from working class stock. His father worked hard so Edwards could benefit and make something of himself, and he did by fighting corporations who screwed over the little people. Edwards did a good job, probably too good of job, because he made a lot of money doing it. However, the corporations can sleep well tonight knowing the John Edwards is no longer in the race.

Here is a video I made of Edwards last summer when he was in Iowa. It is not the best quality, but it is the only one I have.

No comments: