Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Merry Christmas and A Happy Blues Year


I just to wish all my readers a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. It has been a great year! This blog serves two purposes one it is a way to bring the blues to people who perhaps have not heard of the blues, and to connect the various types of music that have come from blues. Blues is the roots of most popular music in America, so I have tried to paint the blues with a broad brush so that hopefully someone out there using the intertubes will stumble on this site looking up a favorite musical artist, and then stick around and learn something about the blues!

This site is also for my students who will be joining the blog this January. I hope that some of their projects will be posted here so they can share their research with you. Each year my students do some outstanding research projects on the blues and I hope you will get the chance to enjoy them as well.

Finally, enjoy the holiday, take care of yourself, and have a very Happy Blues Year!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wonderful

Anonymous said...

A while back I emailed you and asked for vids of "you"...haven't had time to respond but give us more! They were great. Especially loved "Iowa" and going to email those to relatives there. Thanks for this site! Looking forward to seeing students projects as well.