Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Blues In Baxter Iowa

Just got this from my old pal Craig Peterson from the Newton Iowa area. They have some really great blues coming to little old Baxter Iowa!! I am not sure if the South Skunk Blues Society is involved in this show, but I am sure plenty of familiar faces are behind this cool event. Check it out if you happen to be in Central Iowa this summer.


HI Tom, O'Kellys here in Baxter has got a darn good blues lineup for
Wednesday nights bike night. At least it looks pretty good to me. I myself
especially like Lil Dave Thompson and Brian Lee. But that is not to say
some of the others are not dynamite too. Just thought I would share. Sure
makes listening to the blues easy for me. I can walk to the show.

The shows are free admission on Weds evenings (bike night) and they usually
start around 6 PM. There are usually lots of bikers at O'Kellys and the bands
play outside. Great venue. Great lineup. Like everything, these could
change, I would call ahead to be sure the band that is scheduled is going on
(641) 227-3013 (weather and schedule changes may impact this, and more will
be added but don't know for sure who or when) but for what it is worth...:
May 27th Lil Dave Thompson
June 3rd Matt woods & the thunderbolts
June 10th Eric Jerardi
June 17th Scott Holt
June 24th Craig Swallwell
July 1st Mike Mcabee
July 15th Curly Taylor & Zydeco Trouble
July 29th Bryan Lee
Aug 5th Joe Price
Aug 12th Mike Mcabee
Aug 19th Rockin Jake
Aug 26th Eddie Turner

No comments: