Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Steve Goodman: Go Cubs Go!

Yup, I know I am tempting fate posting anything about the Cubs, but perhaps this is the year that the goat is buried:-) Besides Steve Goodman rocks! Goodman's song Go Cubs Go, has become an anthem after the Chicago Cubs win at home. People stick around after the game to sing the song. I know a lot of people hate the cubs especially in St Louis, and Milwaukee, but how can you hate Steve Goodman! He was an incredible performer and song writer. He wrote some of the most iconic songs of the 70s such as You've Never Even Called Me by My Name, and City Of New Orleans, and one of my favorite The Dying Cub Fans Last Request. So as a life long Cub fan I hate to jinx them, but as Sweet Lou says their no such thing as curses:-)

Go Cubs Go!!!

No comments: