Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Andy Coats Update


The latests from Andy Coats

Hey folks, hope everyone is well!

I just got back from Memphis, where I played two very strong sets in the semi-finals and saw old friends from Iowa and Southern California. Thanks to everyone who came to hear me play at the Beale Street Tap Room – it was a lovely surprise to see so many folks from the Central Iowa Blues Society, and I’m thrilled that they are still going so strong in Des Moines.

I wasn’t able to advance, but still had a cool experience. The performer who advanced from my group, Lionel Young, was the eventual winner of the entire competition (solo/duo), so I was definitely in good company!

It’s great to be back in NC, and we’re going to crank things up this week with the band:

Andy Coats & the Bank Walkers
Friday, Feb. 15, 9 pm - mid
The Flipside
$5 Cover Charge
408 E 2nd St
Clayton, NC 27520
(919) 553-0123
The Flipside

This is a new venue for us, but word has it that it’s quite classy and has a good sound system.

So, come on out and let’s have some fun!

Best,

Andy

www.andycoats.com

www.myspace.com/andycoats

No comments: