Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Friday, May 25, 2007

Strange But True!

I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't saw it myself. One of the greatest Soul, Blues, and Rock & Roll sax players in the history of popular music King Curtis opening for the Beatles! As an old Beatle freak, I find it amazing and interesting. I know the Beatles knew who King Curtis was, but I wonder if they even had the time to talk to him. This was the big show at Shea Stadium in 1965 at the height of Beatlemania. I believe they flew the Beatles in by Helicopter, and drove them out in an armored car! In fact, in those days the Beatles were so big that they could only play for only about 20-30 minutes for their own safety! You also kinda of wonder if people even heard any of the show. The crowds were so freaking huge, and loud, and the Beatles were only using little Vox amps. Boy those were the days:-)


No comments: