Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Why Do They Call It Bluesfest?!?!?!?!?!?

Over the weekend a big gust of wind blew over the mainstage at the Ottawa Bluesfest.  It was while Cheap Trick was playing.   According to this article (click HERE) no one was hurt.  I must admit that when I first read Cheap Trick playing at a blues festival I was a little taken aback, then I looked at the whole festival list. I must admit it is huge, but the majority of the performers are not blues.  Take a look here for the full list of performers.  In fact if you read this article about the festival you wouldn't know it was a blues festival.  You wouldn't even know that BUDDY GUY was playing!!!!  I know the blues are hurting, but if you are going to have a blues festival wouldn't you have blues bands?????  If you know the answer to this perplexing question please let me know.

No comments: