October 27, 2010
- Off to Chicago! Dave Riley & Bob Corritore to perform Thursday at Blues Blast Music Awards! Bob Riedy Reunion on Friday with Eddy Clearwater & Sam Lay! Bob Corritore heads back to his old stomping grounds for 2 shows in the Chicago area. Dave Riley & Bob Corritore will be a part of a star-studded lineup at the 3rd annual Blues Blast Music Awards on Thursday at Buddy Guy's Legends (700 S. Wabash Ave, Chicago, IL 60605, (312) 427-1190). The following night Bob Corritore will participate in theBob Riedy Chicago Blues Band reunion show featuring Eddy Clearwater and Sam Lay at Dell Rhea's Chicken Basket at 645 Joliet Road in Willowbrook, Illinois.
- Bob Corritore & Friends / Harmonica Blues in the news! Thanks to all for the warm reception for Bob Corritore & Friends / Harmonica Blues on the Delta Groove record label. In addition to being #2 last month in the Living Blues Radio Charts and # 5 the month before, the CD is currently a "Clicks To Pick" on XM /Sirius Satellite Radio's Bluesville station. There are currently 55 great reviews posted for this release with more coming in every few days (click here to see these reviews). Thanks to the great Delta Groove label for their fantastic advertising campaign, and all their great promotional effort. Thanks to all the radio programmers, reviewers and writers for their wonderful support. Thanks to all the amazing musicians who participated in this project and gave it their all. And thank you to all the wonderful fans who have encouraged and embraced this release.
- Bob Corritore to accompany country legend Jessi Colter for Shooter Jennings opening set. Country music legend Jessi Colter and Bob Corritore join forces for an opening set for Shooter Jennings (Shooter is Waylon Jennings and Jessi's son). Jessi Colter and Bob have worked together occasionally over the last 7 years. They stylistically meet each other in the middle with a warm mix of country ballads, some gospel and some blues. The show happens on Thursday, November 4th, 2010 at the Rhythm Room and Jessi & Bob hit at 8pm.
- Nissan names car after the famous Little Walter song! Coincidence or not, it has come to our attention that Nissan has new car model called Juke! This is also the name of Little Walter's classic harmonica instrumental hit of 1952, that launched his solo career. Juke also is a term widely used for a roadhouse or rural bar where blues music is performed (also known as a Juke Joint). To find out more about the Nissan Juke click here. To hear the classic Little Walter instrumental called Juke click here. To see some photo pages devoted to Little Walter click here, and here.
- Additions and correction to past newsletter items.
1) Concerning the Robert Lockwood YouTube, Sumito "Ariyo" Ariyoshi tells us that the video was indeed recorded in Japan and the lineup is a fine U.S. band with Robert Lockwood, Jr, (Vocal&Guitar), Odie Payne Jr. (Drums & Vocal), Gene Schwartz (Bass), and Sumito "Ariyo" Ariyoshi (Piano). Ariyo reports that it is an excerpt from a P-Vine Video (recently DVD) called "Annie's Boogie -- Live in Japan," recorded on July 10th 1985. For more information on this DVD click here. Thanks Airiyo!
2) Paul Oscher reports that his new CD, Bet On The Blues, on the Blues Fidelity label, is now available on CD Baby. To see this CD and to order click here.
3) Concerning the Dennis Taylor obit, Eric LeBlanc provided the birth-date and place of November 13, 1953, Barton, VT, and adds that "Dennis died in a Greenville, TX hospital while on tour with Delbert McClinton. He lived in Nashville, TN., with his wife, publicist-songwriter
Karen A. Leipziger."
- Staple Singers On YouTube! The Staple Singers provide such an amazing sound complete with their family formed gospel harmonies and Pops' Mississippi blues guitar. Please enjoy their wonderful adaptation of the Buffalo Springfield hit "For What It's Worth" converted into a freedom song. Click here to see.