Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Friday, April 2, 2010

Bob Dorr And The Blue Band Update


So the Cedar Falls Utilities Cyber Support Division just sent out an email saying that they will be "upgrading and maintaining" it's customer's (me) internet connection between 2-6am. There will be NO internet access during that time. So if you got this note before 1:59:59 then I met the deadline. If you got this note after 6:00:01 then I missed it and had to send it before my next deadline later this (Fri.) morning. (no matter when you got this, it's gonna be Friday!) (And Good Friday at that! 'course, in my pagan world, EVERY Friday is a good Friday!)...

Which brings me to the FIRST Friday gig at The Hub. It's that time of the month again...you know what to do. It's the Hub, bub. 4th & Main, Sparkle City USA, 6-9pm, Iowa City saxman Rod Pierson will join Al in the horn section. Dancing, adult beverages with other Geeeever aged adults, a couple of dances, pizza by the slice, and you're home before the 10 o'clock news! What's not to like, right Avis? (Avis and her little dog Petey stopped by my garage sale, whereby Petey defended Avis from the ferocious Bullwinkle slippers, despite the fact that the Bullwinkle slippers are BIGGER THAN PETEY! (my wife loves that dog...) Perhaps Avis will bring her big dog, Bob, to The Hub and he will play the coolest rhythm guitar part ever invented for Good Legs. I'm just sayin', it COULD happen...

And speaking of the garage sale, we've still got some cool stuff, like a complete Mac computer/monitor/printer/scanner/desk, (and I think it does your dishes too, but I'm not a GEEEEK, so I don't know for sure) the Blue Band's old custom made merchandise trunk (solid wood, displays 120 CDs, holds 40 t-shirts, and supplies) (yes, I guess that would imply we don't move merch like we used to) (I don't seem to move NOTHIN' like I USED to!) a Tascam 464 PortaStudio (4-track cassette recorder, with manual) still quite a few blues cds, clothes, books, other stuff that we have too much of! But we have no CAKE! Bring some with you, 925 W. 13th St. Cedar Falls (Sparkle City) I'll be there Fri. noon-3pm, Carolyn will conduct 1/2 price day on Sat. 10am-2pm. This is just the first of what we expect to be three garage sales as we (finally) assimilate our households...

In addition to getting the garage sale going, the contractors are now close to starting in on moving the kitchen wall and putting in a new front door to the house. This means moving all the stuff in the kitchen AND the front room. In addition to nail pounding and saw wizzzzzing at 8:30AM!! WHAT?...

The Blue Band's next date after The Hub is at the Bourre Lounge in Waterloo's entertainment district, Sat. April 17, 9:45-12:45. More on this in the coming weeks...

We added a couple more gigs to the summer schedule, still have lots of dates available for that spring deck party at your mansion on the outskirts of town, and wouldn't it be cool to find some little town to play a lunch date along the RAGBRAI route this year? (any date on the RAGBRAI route would be cool, but I thought the lunch thing in Keystone a few years ago was REALLY cool)...

I really should be working on the radio shows (the deadline for delivery of those is BEFORE the garage sale opens at noon) The last 1/2 hour of Backtracks will feature selections from Jesus Christ Super Star (sorry to be so cliche for rock'n'roll Easter)...

See ya on the Blue (Bunny) Highway, let yer Easter Bunny rub yer zydeco tie, wear yer Easter bonnet with all that stuff upon it, happy Easter, Christians! It must be time for CAKE! We love you. Bob Dorr & The Blue Band

PS, made the deadline with 26 minutes to spare!

No comments: