From Bob Corritorie
October 9, 2008
- This Weekend at the Rhythm Room: This weekend at the Rhythm Room features two big events: our dear friends, the Smokin' Joe Kubek Band featuring B'Nois King appear Friday night (October 10, 2008), bringing their rockin' Texas blues to Arizona. On Saturday (October 11, 2008), it's a birthday party for "Arizona's King of the Blues", Big Pete Pearson. To see the flier for Big Pete's birthday bash, click here. The Rhythm Room is located at 1019 E. Indian School Road, Phoenix, AZ 85014. Doors open at 8pm both nights, cover charge is $10 Friday and $7 Saturday. Rack Shack Barbeque will be available at these events. These nights will be patio smoking only events; no indoor smoking will be permitted.
- International Page Added to BobCorritore.com! Visitors to BobCorritore.com can now access text in multiple languages. Simply click on the flags on the lower left of Bob's home page. These links will take visitors to texts in nine languages (Deutsch, Español, Français, Italiano, Magyar, Nederlands, Norsk, Polski, & Póññêèé ÿçûê). Bob appreciates his exposure on the national and international blues scene, and Bob welcomes press and reviews written in any language.
- Paris James, Bob Corritore & Bob Corritore to Perform at The Farm next Thursday: On Thursday, October 16, 2008, Bob Corritore will appear at The Farm at South Mountain, 6106 S. 32nd St., Phoenix, AZ 85042, with Paris James and Big Pete Pearson. The show will start at 8pm. Visit The Farm at South Mountain's website for more details.
- Tickets Now On Sale for Blues Blast Music Awards Ceremony: You can now purchase tickets online to the 2008 Blues Blast Music Awards happening Sunday, November 2, 2008 at Buddy Guy's Legends, 754 S. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60605. Featured acts include nominees Magic Slim &; The Teardrops, Lurrie Bell, Nick Moss, John Németh, The Kilborn Alley Blues Band, Dave Riley & Bob Corritore, Eden Brent, Sugar Ray Norcia, Teeny Tucker, Tim "Too Slim" Langford (from Too Slim and the Taildraggers), Gina Sicilia, and others. Dave Riley and Bob Corritore were nominated for "Best Traditional Blues Recording" for Travelin' The Dirt Road on the Blue Witch Record Label. To purchase advance tickets, click here.
- Tomcat Courtney: #2 on French Powerblues Charts! Tomcat Courtney's stunning new CD, Downsville Blues on Blue Witch Records, appears as #2 on France's Powerblues charts in the July/August report. Tomcat, now 79 years old is a true keeper of the Texas country blues flame and his music has been compared to that of Lightnin' Hopkins. To see the Powerblues charts, click here and scroll down to the July/August section.
- Chris James & Patrick Rynn CD Gets More Great Reviews: Chris and Patrick's CD, Stop And Think About It on Earwig Music, continues to get critical acclaim. Chris reports that it made #6 on the September Living Blues Radio Charts. New reviews from Jazz & Blues Report, Blue Suede News, Exclaim! (Canada) and Cruisin’ For A Bluesin' have recently been posted on their website. To see these and other reviews, click here.
- Bob Corritore Recent Media Coverage: Special thanks to Roy Prescott and his Blues Summit radio show from 93.5 WMWV of Conway, New Hampshire. Roy did a live phone interview on Wednesday, October 8, 2008 with Bob, and featured many of Bob's recordings. Check out this Arizona Daily Star article by Gerald Gay highlighting Bob Corritore as it advanced The Rhythm Room All-Stars' show at Old Town Artisans last month. To see this article, click here. The Rhythm Room All-Stars (Big Pete Pearson, Chris James, Patrick Rynn, Brian Fahey, and Bob Corritore) recently appeared on a German public television special that featured highlights of the Lahnstein Blues Festival. Bob Margolin emailed to report that he happened to see the program while on tour last week in Switzerland. Thanks to Roy, Gerald, and the Lahnstein Blues Festival for spreading the news about Bob.