Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Bob Dorr and The Blue Band Update

I no sooner get the dandelions under control and next, I get rampant clover all over and not a single 4-leaf to be found! What is clover good for? Can you make...you know it's coming...CAKE out of it?...
This evening (Fri) 7:30-10pm we are part of the monthly First Friday Art Walk, on the downtown square in Fairfield. Artists' wares, musician buskers, food venders, dancing in the streets, and the very cool vibe of a very artistically aware town. It's an all ages event, bring the kids and grandkids. Plus it's the kick-off for my wife's birthday weekend! Need I say it? Bring CAKE!...
Saturday night, I'm doing the Backtracks rock 'n' roll history radio show LIVE! The live shows always turn into requestfests. Half of Saturday's show has already been picked out by my Facebook Friends! If you have suggestions, just reply to this note or call during the show (Sat. night 7-10p) 800-772-2440 ext. 5. The nine o'clock hour of the program starts with about 20 minutes of Iowa R & R history, including Bo Ramsey's first single after leaving The Mother Blues Band in 1979 and a song that The Blue Band's Jeff Petersen wrote and played guitar on in the mid 70s for that "other" band that Jeff is also in the Iowa R & R Hall of Fame for, Headstone. (I know that is grammatically incorrect, Lucinda, but I do it that way just to bring out the grammarian in you!) More info on all the radio shows this weekend: http://iowapublicradio.org/studio-one/backtracks/ and http://iowapublicradio.org/studio-one/blue-avenue/
Sunday marks our return to The Troll Capitol of THE WORLD!! We are again part of Summer Frolic in Mount Horeb Wisconsin. http://www.thedailypage.com/theguide/details.php?event=283745 As you can see we're the final act of a four day weekend blowout. Fortunately, we'll be in Wisconsin, where people really know how to party. The night is always capped off by one-time Stebite and now one of the Summer Frolic's organizers, Mark Webber, singing Not Me with the band. You gotta see that to believe it! (viral YouTube possibilities) Plus it's my wife's ACTUAL birthday. I'm thinkin' cheese-beer-brats for a birthday present, whadya think, eh?) Grab yer troll and get frolicking! (frolic is a word I seldom use, but there it is, FOUR TIMES in this paragraph)...
And speaking of frolicking, got yer boat tickets yet? These days we only do one riverboat Blues Cruise a year. It's a week from today, Fri. June 8 on The Spirit of Dubuque Riverboat. Advance tx only $15/day of show $20. There are only 300 spaces on the boat. All tickets and reservations are being handled by The Spirit of Dubuque http://dubuqueriverrides.com/cms-view-page.php?page=rates-schedule DON'T MISS THE BOAT!...
Next Saturday (6/9) marks our return to the 503 in Iowa Falls, more info on that next week...
Most of the clover take over in my yard has been fueled by the much needed rains of the last week (I wonder how many millions of dollars that water was worth to the Iowa economy) Thursday's kinda cold rain forced our nightly walk inside the local mall, where I just happened to notice (!) that bras, panties, and sleepwear is 40% off at Vicky's Place (Victoria's Secret) What? Modesty has stricken Vicky? Didn't she take 50-75% off just last Christmas time? And sleepwear? I didn't think Vicky's girls even WORE sleepwear! How do you take 40% off your birthday suit? I lead such a sheltered life...
Well, I wish the TMers in Fairfield could just levitate me down there, but I think it's gonna take close to 3 hours on the Blue Highway to get there so I gotta go. Rub yer washboard to the tune of the Happy Birthday Blues for Carolyn (CAKE would be nice too) Be sure and stop at the merch table for your copy of the Sex-A-Generaian CD (Sex me, baby) watch out for trolls (I hear they like to hide in tall clover) and always know that we love you. Bob Dorr & The Blue Band.

No comments: