Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Bob Dorr and The Blue Band Update




The first Geeezer Gig of the season! Tonight (Fri) at The Hub, bub, 4th & Main, Sparkle City USA (Cedar Falls) 6-9:30p. Pizza by the slice, adult beverages, great dancefloor and in-house sound system. Need I say more? Yes. I need the word CAKE in there somewhere. Now I can say no more...
But I will. The first EVAH, LIVE, afternoon edition of the Backtracks Rock'n'Roll History Radio Show, happens Sat. afternoon 3-5pm. Advance requests? Just reply to this note, or call 800-772-2440 ext. 5 during the program. I answer all the calls myself, if you have specific song requests, remember all the songs on that show are at least 25 years old. More info: http://iowapublicradio.org/studio-one/backtracks/ Blue Avenue is a new show this week too: http://iowapublicradio.org/studio-one/blue-avenue/ If you were at The Blues Blowout last winter, you might want to catch the exclusive IPR recording (done by the Blue Band's longtime audio advisor, Phil Maass) of Trampled Under Foot, which kicks off the second hour of the show. And please help spread the word to your central and western Iowa friends that the shows are now heard on Iowa Public Radio's 90.1 frequency. As always, it's heard anywhere on the planet via streamed audio at www.iowapublicradio.org
And in between all that fun I'll be painting the newly redesigned bathroom. Two outta three ain't bad. We're into week #3 of my bathroom/shower make over. My wife says it reminds her of a quote she heard from some famous actress that went something like "the key to a successful relationship is separate bathrooms". I must admit that my idea of cleaning "her" bathtub is WAY different than hers...
We play a private birthday party next week, so there might be a Blue Note, there might not (probably depends on if I need to clean that bathtub for a fourth week) See yas on that 1.2 mile Blue Highway between my house and The Hub, feel free to stop over and help paint the bathroom, if we get finished, we'll celebrate with CAKE for all. We love you. I can say no more. Bob Dorr & The Blue Band

No comments: