Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Bob Dorr And The Blue Band Update

Pinkstuff says that she thinks my back spasms have something to do with stress. Let's see, I had some "studio challenges" while producing the radio shows, making me miss the Iowa Public Radio time guidelines. It's 3:30am Friday and I just delivered the programs. They were s'posed to be there Wednesday. (more info on those shows: http://iowapublicradio.org/studio-one/backtracks/ or http://iowapublicradio.org/studio-one/blue-avenue/) The Blue Band is playing the very prestigious, high profile, Central Iowa Blues Society Winter Blues Festival on Saturday. With a substitute bass player. (thank you Muddy for driving up from Des Moines on your day off for a rehearsal) We follow the band of kids (The Candymakers) who will represent our state at the International Blues Challenge in Memphis next week. They're an 8 piece band with full horn section and TWO dynamite singers. And I'm s'posed to follow them? And we don't even get started until 10:45pm? Talk about stress. That's usually nap time! Whatever happened to the idea of age before beauty? And my chiropractor is on vacation until next Tuesday. YIKES!! It's hell being a sexagenarian...
So it would really be stress reducing if you could help us through this really cool event on Saturday. 10 acts on 6 stages. Winnners of local blues challenge contests from Omaha, Kansas City, Minneapolis as well as Iowa. Headlined by a band that is nominated for a Blues Music Award for BAND OF THE YEAR, Lil Ed & The Blues Imperials (lil Ed is nominated for Entertainer of The Year too) This is gonna be cool. (and a little stressful) See ya at the downtown Marriott in Des Moines. Get all the info on tickets/hotel rooms/schedule/etc at the Central Iowa Blues Society website, www.cibs.org
Next Friday (2/3) (yer kiddin' me, next week is FEBRUARY already?) we're helping raise funds for the Waterloo Center For The Arts with a fundraising dance at the center. We play 7-10:30ish. Advance tickets are only $5 ($8 at the door) Dance and drink wine to support arts programs. It's a tough job, but I know you can do it. Get more info at http://www.waterloocenterforthearts.org/programs-events.html
I'm excited about the rough mixes of the B-day recording at The Hub. Maybe it's that there's a bunch of songs we haven't done in a LONG time. Some day I should probably learn the words to the songs I've written. More stresses!...
My back is not going to allow me to sit at the computer any longer. I have emptied an entire bottle of Flexall 454 between my butt and my shoulders. I smell like a gym. I am a walking, talking, analgesic bomb! See ya on the Blue Highway (pray for no snow, it only increases the stress level) rub yer washboard to the tune of The Chiropractor Blues (song in progress), don't forget that you're responsible for bringing CAKE (the stress is on you now) and finally, I can't stress enough that we love you. Bob Dorr & The Blue Band

No comments: