Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Bob Dorr and the Blue Band Update

Well, no, this isn't a note letting you know of some last minute Blue Band gig. I've been so busy doing a whole lotta nothin' that I haven't put together my "soul searching, I need a shrink" Blue Note either. But I DID want to let you know about a couple of cool things... TONIGHT (Sat. 10/22) I'm hosting another LIVE Backtracks Rock'n'Roll History Radio Show on Iowa Public Radio, 7-10pm. If you have a suggestion/request, just respond to this note or send an email to bob.dorr@bobdorr.com. (I'm more likely to find and play your request if I get it in advance) or call 800-772-2440 ext. 5 during the show. I answer all the calls myself, so if you get through, let it ring, I'll answer as soon as I can. Remember, the show deals exclusively with songs that are AT LEAST 25 years old. Find the frequency in your area (the show is now broadcast on IPR's Fort Dodge, Carroll, and Lamoni frequencies in addition to it's regular frequencies) or listen via streamed audio, anywhere on the planet, at www.iowapublicradio.org
And speaking of radio AND The Blue Band, our show at the KCCK Jazz Under The Stars series, which happened Aug. 25, will be broadcast in it's entirety, this coming Wednesday night (Oct. 26) by KCCK. Fortunately, the boys in the band covered for all my forgotten lyrics and missed arrangements and we all had a wonderful time in front of one of the BIGGEST crowds EVAH for Jazz Under The Stars. (if they would have edited out all my miscues, it would have been a VERY short show!) Find out more or listen via streamed audio at www.kcck.org
And in case I continue to get buried in a whole lotta nothin' again this week (and nobody calls for that last minute gig) next week's radio shows (Oct. 29 and 30) are all Halloween specials. Don't miss them, if you can...
This doin' nothin' takes some concentrated effort on my part, so I gotta get back to (not) working. Won't see ya on The Blue Highway (go ahead and make that lane change without signaling. Get it out of your system before we get back out on the road) Rub yer washboard to the tune of Whole Lotta Nothin' Goin' On. Remember, CAKE will get you through times of no money better than money will get through times of no CAKE (variations on a theme for you old hippies) (you know who you are) and always know that we love you. Bob Dorr & The Blue Band.
PS, Happy (belated) Birthday, Lucinda!

No comments: