Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Andy Coats Update

Hey folks,

I wanted to let you know about a special benefit concert we're playing at this Saturday: 

Saturday, Sept 24
Andy Coats and the Bank Walkers 
Set starts at Noon 
LCH Rock-a-Thon Benefit 
Quail Corners Shopping Center
Raleigh, NC 27609
(919) 286-3801
http://www.wideopenCF.com

This is for a young fellow named Hampton VanDyke, who is the nephew of one of my friends from high school.


There will be teams of people taking turns in rocking chairs throughout the day, and raising money to help Hampton and other kids affected by LCH.  

When I heard it was a "Rock-A-Thon," I thought "Wow, I'd like to help out with that."  Even though it turned out to be a "different kind of rockin'," the organizers invited us out to play anyway.  :) 

There will be two other acts donating performances, and the whole event will run from 12-6 pm.  
I hope you can join us for this worthy cause!

Then, on Sunday, I'll be leading another workshop at High Strung - this time we'll cover "The Many Styles of the Blues"; focus will be on Delta, Piedmont, and Chicago Blues.  Come on out and learn a new tune or two!

Sunday, Sept 25
High Strung Violins and Guitars 
$20 per student
1116 Broad Street
Durham NC 27705
(919) 286-3801
http://www.highstrungdurham.com
Stay tuned for "Woofstock" next week, and then a whole tour through the Deep South culminating with King Biscuit!  

All my best, 
Andy

No comments: