Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Friday, November 26, 2010

Bob Dorr And The Blue Band Update

In the words of soul duo Sam & Dave, "You didn't have to shake me like you did, but you did, and I thank you. You didn't have to make it like you did, but you did, and I thank you!" I am so lucky and thankful to be living the dream. Thank you for being part of it!... Tonight, (Fri.) please join us in helping to raise money for the New Bohemia arts organization in Cedar Rapids (http://www.newbohemia.org/) at Gatherings Restaurant and Nightclub, 905 3rd St. SE. In addition to playing 8-11pm we've donated some Blue Band collectors items for the silent auction (you're gonna love that collection of Christmas flexi-discs) Doors open at 6:30...
Next Friday (Dec. 3) is the First Friday Geeezer Gig at The Hub (4th and Main, Sparkle City USA) This will be our hometown Blue Christmas party so BRING PRESENTS (if you can't bring CAKE) We play 6-9:30p...
Speaking of gigs on Friday, 5 weeks from tonight is New Years Eve! YIKES! Got yer tickets and room reservation yet? Find more info and a link to the hotel at http://www.theblueband.com/newyear.htm The price of the ticket includes access to all stages and all acts, buffet food for nearly 4 hours, champagne at midnight and anniversary CAKE! What a kick off for the 30th Anniversary Tour!...
Speaking of the 30th Anniversary Tour, the band had our annual business meeting last Sunday and despite the disappointment of losing money in the record and t-shirt business this year and only playing 60 dates, we're all feeling pretty good about moving forward with this landmark year. There is likely to be some personnel additions, as family demands on everyone takes up more and more time, but Jeff and I have persevered thru LOTS of changes in 29 years and now realize that most of the changes were invigorating and artistically positive. I'll keep you posted. Maybe it's time for YOU to play in the Blue Band!...
Before I forget, I've been invited to be a "celebrity phone answerer" for the TV8 Toys For Tots telethon in Des Moines (obviously they've dropped down to the C or D list for "celebrities") on Tuesday Dec. 7. I'm scheduled to answer calls 5-7pm. Tune into channel 8 and be generous with your pledge. Maybe I'll even be able to take your call!...
On the personal side, it's been medical month for me. Between Oct. 27 and Nov. 19th I've had a complete physical exam, colonoscopy, and root canal dental work. The results from the blood work, chest ex-ray, and colonoscopy show that I'm healthier than someone who lived pretty hard for 30 years in a row should really be! (fortunately, I've slowed WAY down in the first decade of the 2000s) When you have your health, you have everything. I feel like I've got it all! Life's good...
The Saturday night Rock 'n' Roll history radio show, Backtracks, is the annual Thanksgiving weekend Leftovers show. The last half-hour (9:30-10:00) is leftovers from the "My Wife's Records" show. The Blue Avenue blues show on Sunday (5-6:30p) continues looking back at some of the best blues discs from 2010 and the Beatles Medley, 6:30-7p, suggested by a listener in Des Moines, celebrates The Beatles songs finally being available on I-Tunes by stringing together Beatle songs with titles that start with the letter "I"! Find your frequency or listen on line anywhere on the planet at www.iowapublicradio.org...
Be careful on the Blue Highway, especially when swarms of snowflies are in the air. Rub yer washboard tie to the tune of I Thank You. Don't forget that CAKE can add just the right touch to leftovers and always remember we love you and thank you for your 29 years of encouragement to persevere. Bob Dorr & The Blue Band

No comments: