Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Monday, February 15, 2010

Lil' Dave Thompson RIP


From Bob Corritorre

February 15, 2010
RIP Lil' Dave Thompson - May 21, 1969 - February 14th 2010. It is with great sadness that we report that Mississippi blues guitarist Lil' Dave Thompson died yesterday from an auto accident outside of Augusta, Georgia, while touring with his band. His van overturned and Dave was thrown from the vehicle and pronouced dead on the scene by the paramedics. Other members of the group were reportedly not seriously injured. Dave was born in Hinds County, Mississippi and was greatly influenced by musicans from that area. He made his first record for Fat Possum in 1995, and subsequently had two beautiful releases for Electro-Fi. In the last few years he had toured extensively as he built his career. He had developed into a spectacular singer and a fine, modern blues guitarist. For more details on Dave's untimely death click here, and here. To see Dave Thompson's website click here. Rest In peace Lil' Dave.

2 comments:

Gina said...

Lil Dave performed Friday night at our club and was amaizing! My staff and I are shocked and saddened by this loss. We are also blessed to get the chance to hear such a talent! Our thoughts are with his family and bandmates.

destiny thompson said...

Thanks gina for leaving such an heart warming comment but I jut wish I cud see my father one more time but I kno I won't and that's what hurts the most..I have such great talent and I wud love to finish what my father started just to relive his memory