Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Cathy Ponton King

I miss diggin around the internet looking for new musicians, or at least new to me. Over the last year or so, I have been very lazy, or should I say a typical blogger:-) So I am crusing around on google looking for some blues and I found a cool article on the Fredrick News-Post online. Cathy Ponton King came to the blues after starting her career playing Irish music. The article (Click HERE) makes some interesting comparisons between the Irish and the blues. Certainly the Irish know something about the blues. Hundreds of years of living under British rule, in desperate poverty, and near slavery can have an effect on a people.

To check out King's website Click HERE.

No comments: