March 3, 2009
- Dave Riley's 60th Birthday Party at the Rhythm Room; Dave Riley will celebrate his 60th Birthday this Saturday at the Rhythm Room in Phoenix. Appearing will be the Dave Riley/Bob Corritore Juke Joint Blues Band with Dave Riley, Jr. on bass, and Brian Fahey on drums. The Rhythm Room is located at 1019 E. Indian School Rd. in Phoenix. Doors open at 8pm, cover charge is $7. This night will be a patio smoking only event; no indoor smoking will be permitted. Rack Shack Barbeque will be available at this event. In honor of Dave's birthday, we have constructed a photo page of Dave Riley and Bob Corritore and their worldwide blues adventures. Click here to see.
- Kim Wilson's All-Star Blues Band Appearing Friday at the Rhythm Room: Kim Wilson is highly regarded as the top blues harmonica player of his generation. Best known as the lead singer of The Fabulous Thunderbirds, Kim will periodically gig with a straight-ahead traditional blues approach between T-Birds tours. Kim Wilson will appear this Friday at the Rhythm Room for a 9pm show with a band that includes Larry Taylor on bass, Richard Innes on drums, and Junior Watson on guitar. Kim and the Rhythm Room have a long history together, and his Grammy®-nominated CD Smokin' Joint on MC Records was partially recorded at the club. The Rhythm Room is located at 1019 E. Indian School Rd. in Phoenix. Doors open at 8pm, cover charge is $20. This night will be a patio smoking only event; no indoor smoking will be permitted. Rack Shack Barbeque will be available at this event.
- Bob Corritore Hungarian Interview: Please enjoy this Bob Corritore interview featured on the Hungarian website BluesVan.hu. To see the interview, click here. Special thanks to interviewer Attila Horváth!
- Chris James/Patrick Rynn Band with Bob Corritore to appear at Simply The Blues Festival: The Simply The Blues Festival in Fort Madison, Iowa happens on Friday and Saturday, May 8 and 9, 2009. The Chris James/Patrick Rynn Band with Bob Corritore and Eddie Kobek will appear on Saturday, May 9, 2009 as part of an Earwig Music's 30th Anniversary Review that includes Johnny Drummer & The Starlighters and Liz Mandeville. Also on the bill this year are Bobby Rush, Sugar Blue, Soul Of John Black, Shannon Curfman, Harper, JP Soars (2009 IBC winner), Patrick Hazell, and more! To see the festival flyer, click here.
- Rhythm Room All-Stars to Appear in Belgium and France in May! Spring Blues Festival Lineup Announced! The Rhythm Room All-Stars featuring Big Pete Pearson, Bob Corritore, Chris James, Patrick Rynn, and Brian Fahey have added some club dates to surround their previously announced appearance at the Spring Blues Festival in Ecaussinnes, Belgium on Saturday, May 16, 2009. The day before (May 15, 2009), The Rhythm Room All-Stars will appear at Blues Station, and the day after (May 17, 2009), they will appear at De Blauwe Wolk in Zottegem, Belgium. The Spring Blues Festival program includes Joe Louis Walker, The James Harman Band, The Rhythm Room All-Stars, Sugar Ray & The Bluetones featuring Monster Mike Welch, Mac Arnold & Plate Full O' Blues, and Fruteland Jackson & Bob Hall. It will be a great party in Ecaussines on May 16, 2009! Thanks to Franky Bruneel from Belgium's Back To The Roots Magazine for his help in setting up this tour.
- Dave Riley and Bob Corritore To Appear At The Lucerne Blues Festival in Switzerland! The Mississippi-meets-Chicago Blues duo of Dave Riley and Bob Corritore has just been confirmed at the Lucerne Blues Festival in Lucerne, Switzerland. Dave and Bob will have 3 scheduled appearances: Friday November 6, 2009, Wednesday November 11, 2009 and Thursday November 12, 2009. This spectacular festival runs through Saturday November 14, 2009.
- Chris James and Patrick Rynn in the News! Chris James and Patrick Rynn's song "Mister Coffee" has been nominated for best blues song in the International Songwriting Competition! To see the website with all nominees in all categories, click here. To vote for "Mister Coffee" before the contest end on March 31, 2009, click here. Chris and Patrick also appear on the cover of Belgium's Back To The Roots Magazine with an extensive interview with many historic photos included. To see the cover, click here, and then click "Inhoud" on the menu. Also, check out the Chicago Blues Guide's review of the Big City Blues Showcase on February 7, 2009 at Ground Zero Blues Club in Memphis where Chris, Patrick, and Bob performed (thanks to writer Eric Steiner). Click here to see.
- Broadcasting The Blues CD new Podcast and Review!. Bob Corritore released the various artist CD Broadcasting The Blues earlier this year as a way to celebrate the milestone of the 25th anniversary of his radio program, Those Lowdown Blues on KJZZ. The CD contains live on air performances and moments with artists who have guested on Bob's show. Artists include Lowell Fulson (from 1984 performing a solo version of "Sinner's Prayer"), Billy Boy Arnold, Louisiana Red, Dave Riley, Otis Clay and Johnny Rawls (together singing a spiritual), Willie Dixon (giving a spoken plug for the show), Chief Schabuttie Gilliame, Lazy Lester, Tomcat Courtney, Jerry Lawson (of The Persuasions), CeDell Davis, Chris James (who beautifully backed many of these artists on guitar), Margo Reed, Johnny Dyer, Henry Gray, Billy Flynn (doing a great harmonica instrumental), and more. Check out this recent glowing review by Byron Foulger in Britain's Blues and Rhythm Magazine (click here to see). Also check out a podcast feature of Broadcasting The Blues from Poland's Glosem Bluesa radio show hosted by Przemek Draheim. To hear the podcast, click here and scroll down to Show 89 from February 27, 2009. This CD is available online at the Friends Of Public Radio website. To order, click here.
- Little Walter Box Cover Art: Check out the cover art for the highly anticipated Little Walter Box/The Complete Chess Masters due out March 17, 2009 on Hip-O Select by clicking here.