Search The Blues Historian Website With Google

Google
 

Send Me Your Blues News

Contact me at
tgary62@gmail.com


Link Exchange

If you have a website, and would like to exchange links just email me at the above address.

The Iowa Blues Showcase is on the AIR

Download the latest podcast on ITUNES

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Erick Hovey Live at BVU

Have a few clips, and some pics from Friday nights big show. I wish I had some pics from tonight, but when I am playing unfortunately, I can't take picture too.





Eric and his band kicked off our History of the Blues concert series at Buena Vista University. Eric played well over an hour for the students.






Here are a couple of short clips of Erick and the band ripping it up on the BV stage



Finally the guys moved the show to the Lake Avenue Lounge to perform another four hours! There was a great crowd and Storm Lake was really alive even in the middle of a snowstorm! The weatherman had promised a dusting of snow, unfortunately it was probably closer four to five inches, and nasty drifts. Eric and his band were awesome traveling 120 miles round trip in that stuff to get to the gig and RETURN HOME! These guys are tough no doubt about it.



I don't have any pictures from Saturday night, but it was another great night for Storm Lake. A great crowd, and a ultra cool venue. The Lake Ave Lounge is a really nice place to play. Any bands within 150 or so miles away should contact them. Just stop by my Myspace page HERE. and click on the Lake Ave Lounge in my friends section.

No comments: